Rabbits

Discuss anything that is not related to any of the other forums.
henrietta
Taka: 4 409,10 

Rabbits

Post by henrietta »

So while you must internalize the tradition and understand it, you must also analyse how it should be evolved and transformed for the needs of the now, in today’s context.Don’t let it hold you back and only dwell on changing something simply because others believe it needs to be done a certain way.See how you can evolve from it in a way that adds true value to you and all the others.Most of the time, we get stuck between two groups, people who have faith in something and those who want to question every aspect of it.The right idea for the times lies somewhere in between, and it can only come from understanding both ends and building on it.Sit up straight and look directly in front of you.Slowly turn your head to the left till your chin is parallel to your shoulder blade.Hold for ten seconds, then raise your chin towards the sky and hold again for ten seconds.Lower your chin and return your head to your first position.Now turn your head towards your right till your chin is parallel to your shoulder blade.Hold for ten seconds, then raise your chin towards the sky and hold again for ten seconds.Lower your chin and return your head to the first position.Tilt your head towards your left shoulder blade without turning your head and hold for ten seconds.Tilt your head towards your right shoulder blade without turning your head and hold for ten seconds.Come back to the first position.Look down till your chin rests on your neck and hold for ten seconds.From this position, look up as far as you can without turning your head and hold for ten seconds.Come back to the first position.How does your neck feel?Twist, Turn, SmileHave you ever had a pain so bad that it took over your life?It’s a pain in the neck, literally, and it’s a huge part of my life.I would even go as far as to call it the single largest obsession in my life.On most days, I wake up with a feeling of soreness, stiffness and a seething pain every so often in the area around my neck.But the more regular it became, the more I started to obsess over it.A few years ago, I was out of town to attend a conference and woke up one morning to a searing pain in my neck.As it brought relief, I started looking up creams and cold therapy oils, and after multiple searches an article on stretches popped up and my life changed forever.Over the next few years I read articles, watched YouTube videos, subscribed to Instagram accounts and found any and every resource I could on the kinds of stretches that would relieve soreness.I discovered yoga moves, biomechanics, functional strength training methods and decompression breath techniques.I even read about how different kinds of pillows and sleep positions could help me.I still obsess over stretching techniques that don’t just help my neck but also relieve any other niggle or soreness.I went down a deep rabbit hole and it made me all the richer.